Marker Alpinist 9 Bindings
True to their fashion, Marker is entering a new market (tech-bindings) with great fanfare. The Alpinist binding is focused on weight, ski-ability, and a user-friendly nature that is robust and foolproof. The heel piece sits flush against the heel of your boot and uses a spring-loaded track to keep the release dialed regardless of the flex of a ski throughout a turn or hard landing. This is analogous to forward-pressure in an alpine setting but adapted to a race-weight tech binding (a first). The Alpinist 9 is an impressive offering in terms of downhill performance, weight, price, and uphill-capability. It’s backed by a German name (Marker) that is synonymous with ski bindings, so you know its a good one.
- Strategically placed anti-icing pads under toe and heel promote consistent performance no matter the temperature, humidity, or water content.
- Generous 15mm of boot sole adjustment allows enough freedom to accurately mount for multiple boots.
- Gapless heel piece offers 4mm of Dynamic Length Compensation for improved ski rebound and release-value consistency.
- Adjustable lateral release values from 4-9 and swappable vertical U-Spring helps dial-in retention and release.
- Use the heel flap for a low riser-height or spin the heel-piece 180° for increased lift.
- Flat-on-ski mode is also available for those long, flat approaches.
- Removable brakes come in 90mm, 105mm, and 115mm widths.
- Integrated crampon receptor accepts Marker ski crampons.