Banff Mountain Film Festival
The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour hits the road bringing mountain stories that includes profound journeys, unexpected adventures, and ground-breaking expeditions told by authors, photographers, and filmmakers from around the globe.
Two nights, Friday, February 9th and Saturday, February 10th, starting at 7pm each night. Tickets available at Maine Sport Outfitters in Rockport and Camden and depending on availability, at the door on the night of each show. Adults $12 ($10 when purchased in-store), Students $5 (pricing per show)
- Where are all the women in the adventure industry? Here’s your chance to find out Where the Wild Things Play.
- Your passion for biking can let you Ascend anything, including steep single-track – with only one leg.
- Juggling the call of the mountains and the demands of parenthood (and flying a plane around Alaska) is just your average day for Denali’s Raven Leighan Falley.
- Join three intrepid explorers, their kite-skis and their kayaks and head Into Twin Galaxies: A Greenland Epic.
- Hold on tight for DreamRide 2 across volcanic fields, through hidden lava caves and down rivers of ice.
- Take a deep breath and dive into freezing water with Johanna, a fearless freediver under ice.
- The high-energy and high-altitude Flying Frenchies Surf the Line.
- Journey to a remote village in the Khumbu Valley of Nepal to learn about a man who is Loved by All: The Story of Apa Sherpa.
- An ecologist follows the awe-inspiring Sky Migration of raptors across countries and continents.
- As part of his round-the-world bikepacking trip, Ben Page takes on a chilling winter trip up The Frozen Road through the Canadian Arctic.
- What is real and what is make-believe? A ski-loving community of kids and kids-at heart will bring to life your Imagination: Tom Wallisch.
- In the mystical Mer de Glace of Mont-Blanc, France, you can almost hear the Ice Call that ignites a passion in freeskier Sam Favret.
- It’s no surprise that 90-year-old Yvonne Dowlen is comfortable on the Edges of her ice-skates – she’s been skating for as long as she can remember.
- Hera van Willick has biked across 43 countries (and counting) by the power of a Pedal.
- Join a small-town West Virginia activist for a Walk on the Mountain where mountaintop removal methods of coal mining are destroying the local ecosystem.
- Meet The Last Honey Hunter, the only remaining man in a remote Nepalese village with the blessing of a powerful forest spirit that allows him to harvest honey.
- WHY do we launch ourselves down waterfalls? A group of French kayakers ask the question as they take to the rivers and falls of Iceland.
- When you bring together art and mountain biking, you get Intersection: Micayla Gatto and her story of chasing her dreams – and not just one of them.
- Death-defying free solo rock climbing is a part of life for some animals on our Planet Earth II: Mountain Ibex.
- Banish your fear of heights and imagine yourself on a highline hundreds of metres above crashing waves with a crew of friends that call themselves the Dreamwalkers: The Faroes Project.
- Be transported to a world of endless Japanese powder and find The Space Within.
- Maureen Beck refuses to get Stumped as she sends climb after climb with only one arm.